About the role
The communications manager is a new role at Gardiner Foundation and provides a unique opportunity for an experienced and passionate communications professional to join our team and help tell the incredible stories of the ‘people in dairy’.
Reporting directly to our Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the communications manager will be responsible for developing and implementing Gardiner Foundation’s communications strategy. The strategy seeks to use Gardiner Foundation’s communications to highlight the importance of the dairy industry and dairy communities to the fabric of rural and regional Victoria.
The Communications Manager will bring their all-round communication, stakeholder and community engagement skills to a challenging, diverse and highly rewarding program of work.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about rural and regional communities and has a willingness to proactively engage with the ‘people in dairy’.
- Has high-level interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively and liaise with industry and community stakeholders at all levels.
- Has exceptional written communication skills.
- Is self-sufficient and self-motivated with a strong attention to detail.
Some key responsibilities of the role include:
- The writing and production of high-quality content, tailored to chosen audiences and appropriate communication channels.
- Effective partner collaboration in content creation and dissemination.
- Productive internal and external working relationships.
- High quality and professionally executed communication plans.
Education & Experience
The Communications Manager will have tertiary qualifications in journalism, communications, public relations or 10+ years equivalent experience.
A strong affinity with and knowledge of the agricultural industries, including a knowledge of Victorian rural and regional communities.
- A permanent full-time position.
- Hybrid working arrangements – role requires a blend of home and minimum 2 days per week in Southbank, Melbourne office.
- Regular travel for work throughout regional Victoria.
- Competitive total remuneration.
- Candidates must have full Work Rights for Australia and be based in Victoria.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Allan Cameron, Chief Executive Officer, Gardiner Foundation 0437 296 955.
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing date: Friday, 1st December 2023