This is a unique opportunity for the cream of our dairy crop to learn from leading farmers in New Zealand, UDV president Tyran Jones said. So get your applications in by October 7.
It is a great way for young and passionate industry members to develop their personal and professional skills to advance their careers in dairy.
Its not just for young dairy farmers, anyone in the dairy industry, aged 18 to 35, can apply.
The study tour is organised by the UDV, is funded by the Gardiner Foundation and incorporates a nationally accredited unit at Certificate IV level through the National Centre for Dairy Education.
The tour group of five young people will visit leading New Zealand dairy farms utilising a variety of farm systems and technologies, tour dairy research and processing facilities. You also get to meet NZs dairy industry leaders.
The young Victorians, who toured NZ last year, came back brimming with new ideas and renewed passion for their industry, Mr Jones said. They gained greater insights into farm business management and new ways of building up the capital needed to start their own farm businesses.
One past participant of the tour said: For me it was a huge motivation. Immediately after the tour I felt like a representative promoting the industry and its opportunities.
To apply you need to:
- Be aged between 18-35 years;
- Hold a current Australian passport;
- Be available for travel late January/February 2015;
- Actively participate in the dairy industry – either on or off-farm;
- Be enrolled in or have completed studies related to the dairy industry, such as the NCDEA Certificate II, III, or IV; or proven participation in dairy industry short course(s) such as those run by GippsDairy, Westvic Dairy, Murray Dairy, DEPI and others;
- Agree to have an ongoing relationship with the UDV and Gardiner Foundation and
- Utilise leadership skills upon return by undertaking leadership roles in the industry and/or community.
Applications can be made by completing an application form and returning as directed by 5pm Tuesday, October 7th 2014.
Selection interviews are to be held in Melbourne during October 2014.
Application forms are available on the UDV section of the VFF website www.vff.org.au under the Industry Groups tab. Or contact Yaelle Caspi 03 9207 5556 or email@example.com