Gardiner Foundation Tertiary Scholarship applications now open for 2024! If you live in a Victorian dairy community and planning on commencing your studies in 2024 you might be eligible for one of the seven scholarships.
Gardiner Foundation is proud to offer tertiary scholarships to up to seven individuals residing in Victorian dairy communities. Students must be commencing studies in 2024 to pursue a career that will either directly benefit the dairy industry and/or benefit dairy communities. Each scholarship is worth $10,000 per year and is available for the first three years of a scholar’s University or TAFE course.
The Gardiner Foundation tertiary scholarships are named in recognition of services contributed to the dairy industry by Niel Black, Shirley Harlock, Jakob Malmo, Bill Pyle and Doug Weir.
Gardiner invests in emerging leaders and practices to help develop a long-term future for the dairy industry. Supporting rural people beginning tertiary study through our scholarship program contributes to achieving this goal.
The Victorian dairy industry is an exciting industry with a multitude of career opportunities, employing approximately 50,000 people in diverse jobs ranging from engineering to international trade.
Eligible applications are:
- Pursuing a career through their chosen course that will either directly benefit the dairy industry and/or benefit dairy communities.
- Commencing their first year of full-time tertiary study in 2024 on campus (University or TAFE).
- Required to move away from home to take up their chosen course.
- Australian citizen.
Applications will be assessed and shortlisted on the following criteria:
- Potential to make a positive contribution to the Victorian dairy industry or its rural communities.
- Academic commitment and achievement.
- Personal development and community involvement.
Applications are now open and will close 5pm Monday, 20 November 2023.