Gardiner Dairy Foundation is proud to offer tertiary scholarships to up to seven individuals residing in Victorian dairy communities, commencing studies in 2020 to pursue a career that will either directly benefit the dairy industry and/or benefit dairy communities. Each scholarship is worth $10,000 per year and is available for the first three years of a scholar’s University or TAFE course.
The scholarships are named in recognition of services contributed to the dairy industry by Niel Black, Shirley Harlock, Jakob Malmo, Bill Pyle and Doug Weir.
The Gardiner Dairy Foundation’s aims to continue to invest in emerging leaders and practices to help develop a long-term future for the dairy industry. Supporting rural people beginning tertiary study contributes to achieving this.
The Victorian dairy industry is an exciting industry with a multitude of career opportunities, employing approximately 50,000 people in diverse jobs ranging from engineering to international trade.
Applications invite people who are:
- Pursuing a career through their chosen course that will either directly benefit the dairy industry and/or benefit dairy communities
- Commencing their first year of full-time tertiary study in 2020 (University or TAFE)
- Required to move away from home to take up their chosen course
- Australian citizens.
Applications will be assessed and shortlisted on the following criteria:
- Potential to make a positive contribution to the Victorian dairy industry or its rural communities
- Academic commitment and achievement
- Personal achievement and community involvement
Please apply online and ensure that you have received an automatically generated reply as receipt of application.
Download Tertiary Scholarship – Application Form 2020 (word format) – if you wish to apply using this application form please email it through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5pm Sunday, 24 November 2019