Gardiner Dairy Foundation has partnered with Nuffield Australia to provide a Victorian dairy farmer with a Nuffield Farming Scholarship. This scholarship is a unique opportunity for a Victorian dairy farmer to experience agriculture from a global perspective, investigate their chosen agricultural topic, and to innovate on their own farms and within their dairy communities.
This initiative forms part of Gardiner Dairy Foundations commitment to building industry leadership capability, through our People Development portfolio. It aims to develop Victorian dairy farmers to ensure that the industry has the required leadership, knowledge and skills for long-term success.
Successful applicants spend a total of 16 weeks travelling the world – including 6 weeks of group travel through the global powerhouses of agriculture, in countries such as China, India, Brazil, USA, Canada and through Europe. Scholars then travel for a further 10 weeks by themselves, tapping into Nuffields global network of farming scholars to drill down into a research topic of interest to them and of value to the industry. Importantly, they then become part of a powerful alumni network of scholars right around the world, providing life-long opportunities for further learning and friendship.
Applications invite people who are:
- Between 28-45 years of age. (Please note that exceptional candidates outside this age range will be considered);
- Ordinarily a resident of Australia;
- Engaged in farming or fishing as an owner or manager or an active member of a farming business; and
- Intending to remain involved in primary production in Australia.
1. 2020 Nuffield National Conference is a chance to meet the Nuffield network and agri-business leaders, receive a briefing about the program and formally be awarded the scholarship. Held in September annually.
2. 2021 Contemporary Scholars Conference is a week-long program for all newly-selected scholars from around the world. Scholars build networks and consider international trade and policy issues affecting agriculture. It is a truly cultural and ambassadorial experience where leadership skills are enhanced. Held in March annually.
3. 2021 Global Focus Programs offer a six-week, group travel experience spent in various countries across three continents. Scholars select one of six programs to investigate agricultural marketing, trade, environmental issues and experience social and cultural aspects of each region. Three groups travel March/April and three groups travel in June/July annually.
4. 2021-22 Individual Study Program enables scholars to travel to countries of choice to study their chosen topic, between June and January annually.
5. Both written and Verbal Reporting is a requirement of the scholarship and these are completed following the 16-weeks of research. Reports are due in writing within ten months of the commencement of the GFP, and verbally at the National Conference.
Value of the Award:
Financial assistance to the value of $30,000 (subject to conditions) is provided to cover costs associated with the study period. Nuffield will withhold $5000 as an assurance on the submission of an approved report.
Likely costs exceeding this value must be met by the scholar.
For more information about the Nuffield Scholarship program visit nuffield.com.au
Or contact them at Phone: 02 9463 9229 | Email: email@example.com
Gardiner Dairy Foundation is happy to support farmers with their applications. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are now closed and will reopen 1 September 2020